Call +1 (872) 256-1610 or fill out this easy Contact Form for a free SEO scope of work estimate.

Responsive redesign: content, UX (2–3/16)

How I helped a local Chicago agency create and optimize 70+ pages of content for their client’s mobile-friendly redesign & new app in under six weeks.


SEO:optimize page titles & more using keyword research, among other on-page tactics
UX: deliver on-page UX for the new responsive site to help establish site standards for a mobile-friendly customer experience
Branding: write headlines and creative copy that reinforced Keiser’s brand image as an innovator and industry leader
Business: attract and retain customers!

The Way Forward

February–March 2016: With lots of experience in site-wide redesigns under my belt, I was excited when Plan B Agency, a local Chicago agency, approached me about taking on content strategy and writing for Keiser, a large fitness equipment manufacturer.

As with most redesign projects like this where there are a ton of moving pieces, I sought to minimize the potential for error upfront by putting an emphasis on process efficiency. Creating a direct, step-by-step content strategy, I worked with the agency to outline:

• Process for following the master content doc, the SEO approach, and what it would contain
• User experience input (on-page): hide/show functionality, wireframe refinements
• Product page taxonomy & design direction for descriptions
• Internal body-text deep linking strategy for SEO

The launch date was six weeks away when I started, so I knew we were working with an aggressive timeline – another reason to clearly establish expectations upfront. And there was a Sales App included in the deliverables too!

I had my work cut out to create 70+ pages of mobile-friendly sales app and website content (pictured) in addition to the strategy work we’d decided on above. It was also a challenge that designers and creative directors were leading layout direction on some pages, we had wireframes for others, and I had to essentially concept layout for the remaining pages using existing material as templates.

We pulled it off, though – thanks to the bright minds involved and an efficient, well-structured workflow, everything came together in the final week and I’m very happy with the results.


Related projects

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!